PEF CONSULTATION

• PEF CONSULTATION

Willy Gallia updated 2 days, 3 hours ago 2 Members · 7 Posts
  • Willy Gallia

Organizer
    10. September 2021 at 17:31

PEF Consultation

The European Commission currently offers another period of public consultation and this time on the EU Product Environmental Footprint Category Rules (PEFCR). As communicated before, a scientific and evidence-based approach to methodology is lacking in the current process. Without correction, fossil fuel-based textiles will be advantaged above those made of natural fibres.

This part of the consultation process can be challenging, and we offer a step-by-step guide on how to access it. We also offer a DRAFT response, particularly aimed at textiles made from animal fires.

This consultation is open until 24 September and we encourage you to raise your concerns.

• Tone Tobiasson

11. September 2021 at 10:48

I really tried to enter the consultation, but it is impossible with a Norwegian cell-phone number. We have few too digits and therefore cannot access the code one needs. Tone

• Willy Gallia

Organizer
    13. September 2021 at 9:19

Thanks Tone…I’ll find out and come back to you .

• Willy Gallia

Organizer
      13. September 2021 at 10:50

Hi Tone, Angus will refer you privetely to some Norwegian floks who managed to apply so they can help you out.

Thanks for the support!

• Tone Tobiasson

13. September 2021 at 12:27

Hi Willy,

Thanks. Yes, Kirsi is the only one here who has managed to enter the site, so she has a log-on. So SIFO will be writing an extensive and really good criticism, that will probably say the same as I would say. Agnus will probably ask Kirsi to help me; but I don’t know if it is even possible to ‘remote’ guide someone else. Therefore I am going to use my journalistic voice to be critical, both in EcoTextile News and in Impakter.com, who want a piece next week. I think that will actually be more powerful. T;)

• Willy Gallia

Organizer
          13. September 2021 at 15:53

Abso!

BTW we have just launched the Wool Connect app for android.

• Willy Gallia

Organizer
    22. September 2021 at 9:52

Dear all,

This is the registration for the basic training on the Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) method.

The European Commission is organizing a webinar for ‘newbies’ on the Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) method on 8 October 2021 at 10h.

The purpose of this webinar is to introduce the general concept of the PEF method to participants without technical knowledge on Life Cycle Assessment or on the Environmental Footprint methods. The webinar will address questions such as what is PEF, who can apply it and on which products, what are the results of a PEF study and how they can be used. We would be glad if you could join and participate.

To save your ‘seat’, please register here: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/66c6cb23-f25f-2ff7-1ad4-6c937c768604 and feel free to share it with your friends/colleagues.

The connection details will be communicated by email as an outlook invitation two days ahead of the webinar.

We hope to see you there!

EF team

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now

This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)